Sunday 17 September 2017

Checkmate...

We have quickly arrived at that time of year when 'transitional' dressing becomes necessary; it is too warm for full autumn/winter attire, but chilly enough to layer items together. Step forward the shirt dress, which has to be one of my favourite casual pieces for this tricky mid-season style conundrum.
I wore this outfit on Saturday for a day catching up with family and doing a little shopping - this is a simple look which is easy to throw together and I think the faux-fur trim heels add an element of fun to the ensemble. 



For colder days I plan to pair this shirt dress with tights, boots and a coat, but for a warm September day this was the ideal way to style it. I wore a sheer black camisole underneath and a pair of cold knee skinny jeans. 




This check print shirt dress is such a handy item to have in my autumn/winter wardrobe, as it can be worn in a variety of ways. 


A classic chain strap handbag and a pair of oversize black sunglasses completed the look. The bag was a recent bargain from Primark, it is so versatile as it can also be used as a clutch bag, by tucking the chain inside the bag. 



This is a comfortable and relaxed look which I would wear for a meal at the pub, to the cinema or to go out shopping. The shoes have a block heel, so they are actually quite easy to walk in.

Camisole, shirt dress, jeans, bag and shoes - Primark 
Sunglasses-New Look

What do you all think, do you like shirt dresses and how would you style this look? As always I cannot wait to hear your thoughts and thank you so much for reading this post.

Until next time,

Camille 

xo 

4 comments:

  1. Great outfit, I love your heels! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that plaid jacket! It's perfect for fall!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is so nice !
    https://bookslipsticksandtravels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete